How do I request completing the Driving Safety Course option?
You must appear in person to request the Driving Safety Course on or before your court date, by 3:00 p.m., at the Municipal Court. Approval must be received from the Municpal Court before you begin the course.
The following requirements must be met:
- You are not currently enrolled in a driving safety course.
- You have a valid Texas driver’s license or permit. (Commercial license holders may not take driving safety for dismissal of a moving violation.)
- You have not taken a defensive driving course in order to have ticket dismissed in the preceding twelve (12) months from the date of this offense.
- You must provide proof of liability insurance (copy of insurance card) which shows you as a covered driver.
Note: Violators sixteen (16) years of age or under must appear in court accompanied by parent or guardian.
Approved Driving Safety Courses
Here is a list of approved Driving Safety Courses: www5.esc13.net/drivers
After Completion of the Driving Safety Course
You have ninety (90) days from your request to take a Driving Safety Course and present to the Municipal Court the following documents:
- Proof of completion of the course
- Certified copy of your driver’s record from the Texas Department of Public Safety. Driving record may be requested at: https://txapps.texas.gov/tolapp/txldrcdr/TXDPSLicenseeManager
Failure to present this information will result in the Municipal Court entering a judgment of conviction with a fine of $200.00 and a report of the conviction to the Texas Department of Public Safety to be recorded on your driving record as required by law.
|Municipal Court||(281) email@example.com|