Current Tax Rates
Since Meadows Place incorporated in 1983, city leaders have striven to achieve a balance between providing high quality city services to its residents and keeping taxes at reasonable levels. Considering the challenges faced by modern city administrations, both past and present city leaders have been very effective to this end. When comparing the total combined taxes of all local taxing authorities, Meadows Place’s tax rates are in line with the surrounding municipalities as there are no HOA fees, MUD taxes or Levy District Fees. Everything is at one, easy to calculate figure.
The City of Meadows Place tax rate for the fiscal year 2016-2017 is $0.832 per one hundred dollars of property value.
The following are possible exemptions (subject to qualification):
- Homestead Exemption: 13% or $5,000, whichever is greater
- Over 65 Exemption: $30,000 *
- Disabled Person Exemption: $30,000 *
- Disabled Veteran’s Exemption: $5,000 to $12,000 **
* In regards to the Over 65 and Disabled Person Exemption, you may only qualify for one $30,000 exemption. Both cannot be applied. However, the one you are eligible for can be combined with the Homestead and/or Disabled Veteran Exemptions.
** The Disabled Veteran’s Exemption ranges from $5,000 to $12,000 based on percent of disability.
Estimating Your Taxes
The following is an example of how to estimate your taxes using the current rate and an assumed property value of $165,000:
|– $21,450||(homestead exemption $130,000 * 13%)|
|$143,550||(taxable property value)|
Now divide the property value by $100 and multiply by the tax rate to determine the estimated city property tax:
|* $0.832 = $1,194.34|
The following are links to other taxing entities whose districts include Meadows Place. The City of Meadows Place is not responsible for the information on these websites. If you have questions or need more information about any of these, please contact them directly:
- Fort Bend County Tax Office
- Homestead Exemption Forms
- Texas County Data (Property Records)
- Fort Bend County Appraisal District
- Department of Transportation (Vehicle Registration)
- Texas Department of Public Safety (Driver’s License)
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact City Hall at the numbers below.