Current Property Tax Rates
Since Meadows Place incorporated in 1983, city leaders have striven to achieve a balance between providing high quality city services to its residents and keeping taxes at reasonable levels.
Taxes for Meadows Place residents per $100 valuation are below. The tax rates are set by each entity and are subject to change on an annual basis
The Homestead Exemption for Meadows Place was raised to 20% beginning in 2019.
Other possible exemptions are:
- Homestead Exemption: currently 13%; 20% beginning 2019
- Over 65 Exemption: $30,000 *
- Disabled Person Exemption: $30,000 *
- Disabled Veteran’s Exemption: $5,000 to $12,000 **
* In regards to the Over 65 and Disabled Person Exemption, you may only qualify for one $30,000 exemption. Both cannot be applied. However, the one you are eligible for can be combined with the Homestead and/or Disabled Veteran Exemptions.
** The Disabled Veteran’s Exemption ranges from $5,000 to $12,000 based on percent of disability.
Estimating Your City Property Taxes
The following is an example of how to estimate your city taxes using the 2018 current rate and the 2018 Assessed Average Homestead property value of $182,000:
|– $23,660||(homestead exemption $182,000 * 13%)|
|$158,340||(taxable property value)|
Now divide the property value by $100 and multiply by the tax rate to determine the estimated city property tax:
|* $0.832 = $1,317.39|
Rising Property Values in Meadows Place
The following chart shows the 6 year trend for average homestead assessed property values and City property taxes per homestead.
Source: Fort Bend Central Appraisal District – for Average Assessed Homestead Value
The following are links to other taxing entities whose districts include Meadows Place. The City of Meadows Place is not responsible for the information on these websites. If you have questions or need more information about any of these, please contact them directly:
- Fort Bend County Tax Office
- Homestead Exemption Forms
- Texas County Data (Property Records)
- Fort Bend County Appraisal District
- Department of Transportation (Vehicle Registration)
- Texas Department of Public Safety (Driver’s License)
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact City Hall at the numbers below.