One Troyan Drive, Meadows Place, Texas 77477
Permit Department Office Hours: Monday – Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Office Number and Inspection Request: 281-983-2932
Fax Number 281-983-2940
To protect the safety and well-being of our residents and the environment of our City through a professional permit process ensuring Meadows Place will continue to be …. Your Place for Life
To provide quick, courteous and professional service while enforcing all applicable ordinances, statues and regulations.
Schedule of Fees: Click here to see the current schedule of fees updated August 28, 2018.
Approved Paint Colors: For your convenience, The City of Meadows Place has pre-approved primary and accent colors. These are available at City Hall.
Approved Roof Colors and Material: Approved colors for both composition and tile roofs are available. Click here to see the list. Metal roofs must be approved by Planning and Zoning.
Below is a list of work that requires a Permit. Although all work requiring a permit may not be listed, it is best to contact the City before starting any work at your home or business to see if a permit is necessary.
Building Permit: This application is required for the following type of work: New Construction, Additions, Remodels, Build Outs, Foundation Work, Cement Work, Patio Covers, Swimming Pool, and Window Replacement, and possibly other services not listed.
Electrical Permit: This application is required for the following type of electrical work: Electrical Services, Meter Loop & Service, Sub-panels, Installation of new lighting fixtures, outlets, appliances, Generators, Re-connection of Service, and possibly other services not listed.
Plumbing/Gas Permit: This application is required for the following type of work: Water & Sewer, Backflow preventer, Water Lines, Sewer Lines, Storm Sewer, Installation of New Fixtures like, Yard drains, Pool Heaters, Water Softener, Ice Maker, Gas Pressure Test, Gas Line Re-connection, and possibly other work not listed.
Mechanical Permit: This application is required for the following type of work: Installation of Air Conditioners or Heaters, Toilet Exhaust, Exhaust hoods and possible other work not listed.
Roof Permit: This application is required when installing a new roof. Be sure that your roof shingles are on the City approved list of roofing colors and material.
Irrigation Permit: This application is required for the installation of new irrigation systems and possibly repair work to existing irrigation systems.
Driveway and Sidewalk Permit: This is application is required for driveway and sidewalk installation and/or repairs.
All contractors working in the City must obtain a Contractor Registration and permit (home owners included) before starting any work. All Contractors must provide a master license in their trade and proof of liability insurance (faxed or emailed directly to the city from the insurance company).
A Credit Card Authorization form may also be completed and submitted with all permit applications to expedite your permit.
New home building and home remodeling requires detailed plans. The following information needs to be submitted in order to obtain a permit. Submitted documents should be complete to expedite plan review and permit issuance.
Applicant needs to submit the following:
- Permit Application
- 3-Plot Plans to include Legal Description (Lot, Block, Subdivision and lot dimensions)
- 3-Energy Reports
- 3-Stamped Engineering foundation letters
- 3-Sets of Construction Plans
- Construction Document Submittals: Three (3) copies of complete set of construction documents are required for plan review along with a completed permit application form.
- Site /Plot Plans: Drawn to a scale of 1” = 20’. Site must show lot dimensions, footprint of building and distance from building to property lines, platted building lines, driveways, all easements and the address and legal description of the lot.
- Floor Plans: Drawn to a scale of ¼” = 1’. Floor plans must show all dimensions, room names, size and type of windows and doors, cabinets, fixtures and ceiling heights.
- Exterior Elevation Plans: Drawn to a scale of ¼” = 1’. Exterior elevation plans must show exterior materials, windows and doors, roof slopes, chimneys and overhangs.
- Structural Plans: Where required, drawn to a scale of ¼” = 1’. Structural plans must show second floor framing, ceiling framing, roof framing, headers and beams.
- Foundation Plans: Must be sealed by a State of Texas Licensed Engineer and drawn to a scale of ¼” = 1’. Foundation plans must show all dimensions, location and spacing of beams, location of post-tension cables (if applicable), location and size of rebar (if applicable), concrete specifications, slab thickness, beam size and details, post-tension cable details (if applicable), other notes and requirements by the engineer and the address and legal description of the lot.
- Engineer’s Foundation Design Letters: Letters must include a statement that the foundation has been designed specifically for soil conditions of listed lot and that design is in accordance with the building code, must be sealed by the State of Texas Licensed Engineer that designed the foundation plans and must show the address and legal description of lot.
- Masonry on Wood Details: If applicable, masonry on wood details must be sealed by a State of Texas Licensed Engineer or build to the International Residential Code Details.
- Electrical Plans: Drawn to a scale of ¼” = 1’. Electrical plans must include a one line diagram and a load analysis. Electrical plans must show location of receptacles and other outlets, exhaust fans, smoke detectors, light fixtures, service equipment and panels.
- Plumbing Plans: Drawn to a scale of ¼” = 1’. Plumbing plans must show locations of fixtures, water heaters and gas outlets.
- Energy Compliance Report: Must be included for permit.
Your inspection request must be scheduled with the permit desk, 281-983-2932, before the inspectors below are notified.
BBG Consulting –Building Official
Joe Scanlin – Electrical