ONE SQUARE MILE OF WONDERFUL – From its prime location along U.S. Highway 59 off Beltway 8, Meadows Place is the closest city in Fort Bend County to Houston. We offer easy access to major metropolitan area amenities, including the arts, sporting events, entertainment, dining, shopping and the Texas Medical Center. We also have a wide variety of retail and medical facilities, as well as a number of outdoor activity options, right here in our own community.
- Meadows Place is a city located in Fort Bend County in the U.S. state of Texas within the Houston–Sugar Land metropolitan area.
- Population there are 1,598 households out of which 43.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 70.9% were married couples living together, 10.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 15.0% were non-families. 12.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 2.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.01 and the average family size was 3.28.
- Median income for a household in the city was $73,180, and the median income for a family was $75,708. Males had a median income of $51,173 versus $35,929 for females. The per capita income for the city was $27,134. About 1.7% of families and 4.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 5.8% of those under age 18 and 14.5% of those age 65 or over.
City Tax Rate
- Tax Rate This budget is based on a tax rate of $0.806 per $100 of assessed value. Note: there are no additional MUD, HOA or Levy District taxes in the City of Meadows Place.
Benefits for Businesses
- The City of Meadows Place is just one square mile. A small town in a town where the best of business, lifestyle, education and transportation converge. A place for young professionals to live and work. Our Meadows Place Police Department, one of the finest in Texas, is committed to protecting our city and maintaining positive business relationships. Fire and EMS coverage is outstanding with some of the fastest response times in the nation. The City of Meadows Place was awarded an ISO Class 1 rating which represents superior property fire protection throughout the City and translates to lower fire insurance rates for Meadows Place business owners. Meadows Place is always business friendly.