Unclaimed Property

The City of Meadows Place is holding uncashed checks, which are unclaimed and presumed abandoned under Title VI, Chapter 76 of the Texas Property Code. This money does not belong to the city, so please help us return the money to the owners.

Most of these checks are water deposit refund checks. Perhaps, the person moved and the check never reached the owner, it was lost during the move, or the owner chose not to cash the check.

                                                      Meadows Place Unclaimed Property as of March 1, 2022


 Steps to Claim Property of < $100 Held by the City:

1. Find your name.

2. Print one (1) of the the appropriate claim forms below:

Original Owner Claim Form

Trustee-Heir-Parent Claim Form

3.   Email (jmoore@cityofmeadowsplace.org), fax (281-983-2940) or mail the completed form with supporting documentation to Unclaimed Property at City of Meadows Place, One Troyan Drive, Meadows Place, TX 77477.

Business Hours:   8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Regular Business Days

Steps to Claim Property of > $100 Held by the State:

Abandoned property (checks) valued in excess of $100.00 are reported and sent to the State of Texas and can be claimed through its own unclaimed property program per Chapter 74 of the Texas Property Code.

Additional information on the State’s program may be viewed on the State Comptroller’s Web site at www.ClaimItTexas.org.