The City of Meadows Place offers a wide variety of activities for people of all ages. Monday Movies are offered in the summer for those who want some time for relaxation; Swim Lessons and Water Aerobics classes for the pool lovers; and Karate, Taekwondo and Tennis classes for the active members in our community. Seniors have programming too! The City of Meadows Place offers an activity for everyone, so sign up NOW and come join in on the FUN!!!
To participate in any City of Meadows Place program or class, pre-registration is required. Registration forms can be picked up at City Hall Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm or printed off the City website. Make checks payable to City of Meadows Place; with payment, mail or turn into the City payments box at City Hall.
If a class has not met the minimum number of enrollment five (5) days prior to the start date, the class may be cancelled. Most classes have a maximum enrollment and are open on a first come, first serve basis. There will be no refund unless the class does not fill. Classes are NOT pro-rated.
Be sure to check the Newsletter and future web updates for dates and future classes.
ALL DAY SUMMER CAMP-NEW!
Meadows Place will now offer All Day Summer Camp! Each week will be themed with exciting and action-packed activities! We will offer arts and crafts, outdoor adventure, fishing, boating, swimming, adventure days, cooking, science labs, plant & animal interactions and more! *This camp is not a state licensed day-care.
- Registration begins March 5
- Limited spots available
- Weekly sessions / June 4 to August 13.
- $125 Resident / $150 Non-Resident
- Additional fee for early drop off
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm
- Grades 1st-8th
Click here to download the Registration Form and the Policies & Procedure Information.
All about color: Students will focus on learning and applying the basics of color. Projects for this session will be pulled straight from the color wheel and influenced by some of the colorful artist from art history. Although aprons will be provided please have your child dress accordingly for lots of coloring, painting and fun.
5/8 – 5/29, Tues., @ Discovery Center.
11am-12pm, Class Fee $50 / Supply Fee $15
Tai Chi Chih
It is a moving meditation originated by Justin Stone in 1974. The 19 movements and one pose are easy to learn and have profound effects. With regular practice benefits may include:
- Balanced physical energy and stamina;
- Building a healthy posture;
- Improving our joint flexibility;
- Promoting spiritual serenity;
- Focusing our mind and awareness
5/1 – 5/31, T/TH 1:30 –2:30pm, Community Center, $40 fee
Come shake, shimmy, and dance those calories away!!!!
A total workout, combining all elements of fitness – cardio, muscle conditioning, balance and flexibility, boosted energy and a serious dose of awesome each time you leave class.
Time:3/7 – 4/18
Mondays & Wednesday 7:30-8:30pm
Fee: $30. $6 per person for walk in
Location: Community Center
Sharpen your mind, strengthen your body with Hall of Fame Master Jenny Pless. Master Jenny has been teaching in Meadows Place since 2006 and teaches all skill levels from basic to advanced. REGISTRATION REQUIRED.
4/2 – 5/16 M/W
5:00 – 6:00 pm (4 – 11 yr)
6:00 – 7:00 pm (12 yr – Adult)
10 classes $55 (1 x week)
20 classes $99 (2 x week)
Uniform fee paid to Instructor: $30
Location: Community Center
American Society of Karate (A.S.K.)
American Society of Karate teaches American Karate to ages 5 – 70 years in a positive ever-changing system. Its goal is not to be the largest, but to be the best. A.S.K. has been taught at the Community Center since 1993. Instructors are 4th Degree Black Belt Steve Puma and 3rd Degree Black Belt Michael Puma.
Student May Try The 1st Class Free Before They Sign Up For A Class
Time:4/5- 5/31 Thurs.,
6:30 – 7:30 pm (Ages 5 – 12 years old)
7:30 – 8:30 pm (Ages 13 – 70 years old)
Uniform Fee: $30 (cash only, available at first class from instructor)
The Community Garden meets twice a month to plant, till and weed the beds on the second & fourth Saturdays of the month at 9 am. If you are interested in learning how to grow and tend a garden, just show up and you will be taught.
2nd & 4th Saturdays monthly, 9 am @ Community Garden, McGrath Park
Visit the garden anytime; anyone may take vegetables or fruit as long as you pull weeds. This is a Community Garden for all to enjoy!
Clubs and Organizations
- Bridge Group is held 1st Tuesday of the month September through May at the Community Center. Please call Parks & Rec for more information.
- Meadows Place Home & Garden Club meets the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 7 pm at CITY HALL; for more information go to www.meadowshomegardenclub.com
- Contact Parks & Recreation Department for a list of Scouting groups available within the City that meet regularly.
- Meadows Marlins Swim Team season starts April of every year; for more information, go to www.meadowsmarlins.swimtopia.com
- Meadows Place P.O.N.Y. Baseball has two yearly seasons, Fall and Spring; for more information go to www.mppony.org
- Meadows Place Community Garden is always looking for new friends to help grow the garden, follow them on Facebook @ Meadows Place Community Garden