One Troyan Drive, Meadows Place, Texas 77477
Permit Department (281) 983-2932 (9am-4pm M-F) Fax Number (281) 983-2940
Permits, Plan Review and Inspections
To protect the safety and well-being of the residents and the environment of our City through a professional permit process ensuring Meadows Place will continue to be …. Your Place for Life
To provide quick, courteous and professional service while enforcing all applicable statues and regulations.
Schedule of Fess: Click here to see the current schedule of fees update December 20, 2016.
Approved Paint Colors: For your convenience, The City of Meadows Place has pre-approved primary and accent colors. These are available at City Hall.
Approved Roof Colors: Approved colors for both composition and tile are available. Click here to see the list. Metal roofs must be approved by Planning and Zoning.
Permits are needed for the following work:
- Air Conditioner / Heater Units
- Beer & Wine License
- Build Out
- Burglar Alarm
- Cement Work
- Contractor Registration
- Credit Card Authorization Form
- Easement and Right-of-Way
- Electrical Plugs and Switches
- Electrical Services
- Fire Permit (Commercial)
- Fire Prevention (Commercial)
- Food Handling at Temporary Events (Guidelines)
- Food Service Permit
- Gas Pressure Test
- Home Remodels
- Irrigation Systems
- Occupancy Permit
- Patio Covers
- Plumbing Alterations
- Sewer Lines
- Swimming Pools
- Water Heaters
- Water Service Lines
- Window Replacement
To obtain a permit you must obtain a Contractor Registration (homeowners included), master license in your trade, proof of liability insurance faxed to the city from the insurance company and submit an application. For applications visit City Hall, or call the Permit Department at 281-983-2932.
New home building and home remodeling requires detailed plans. The following information needs to be submitted in order to obtain a permit. Submitted documents should be complete to expedite plan review and permit issuance.
Applicant needs to submit the following:
- Permit Application
- 2-Plot Plans to include Legal Description (Lot, Block, Subdivision and lot dimensions)
- 2-Energy Reports
- 2-Stamped Engineering foundation letters
- 2-Sets of House Plans
- Construction Document Submittals: Two (2) copies of complete set of construction documents are required for plan review along with a completed permit application form.
- Site /Plot Plans: Drawn to a scale of 1” = 20’. Site must show lot dimensions, footprint of building and distance from building to property lines, platted building lines, driveways, all easements and the address and legal description of the lot.
- Floor Plans: Drawn to a scale of ¼” = 1’. Floor plans must show all dimensions, room names, size and type of windows and doors, cabinets, fixtures and ceiling heights.
- Exterior Elevation Plans: Drawn to a scale of ¼” = 1’. Exterior elevation plans must show exterior materials, windows and doors, roof slopes, chimneys and overhangs.
- Structural Plans: Where required, drawn to a scale of ¼” = 1’. Structural plans must show second floor framing, ceiling framing, roof framing, headers and beams.
- Foundation Plans: Must be sealed by a State of Texas Licensed Engineer and drawn to a scale of ¼” = 1’. Foundation plans must show all dimensions, location and spacing of beams, location of post-tension cables (if applicable), location and size of rebar (if applicable), concrete specifications, slab thickness, beam size and details, post-tension cable details (if applicable), other notes and requirements by the engineer and the address and legal description of the lot.
- Engineer’s Foundation Design Letters: Letters must include a statement that the foundation has been designed specifically for soil conditions of listed lot and that design is in accordance with the building code, must be sealed by the State of Texas Licensed Engineer that designed the foundation plans and must show the address and legal description of lot.
- Masonry on Wood Details: If applicable, masonry on wood details must be sealed by a State of Texas Licensed Engineer or build to the International Residential Code Details.
- Electrical Plans: Drawn to a scale of ¼” = 1’. Electrical plans must include a one line diagram and a load analysis. Electrical plans must show location of receptacles and other outlets, exhaust fans, smoke detectors, light fixtures, service equipment and panels.
- Plumbing Plans: Drawn to a scale of ¼” = 1’. Plumbing plans must show locations of fixtures, water heaters and gas outlets.
- Energy Compliance Report: Must be included for permit.
Your inspection request must be scheduled with the permit desk first – 281-983-2932 before the inspectors below are notified.
Henry Rivas –Building Official
Joe Scanlin – Electrical