Call the pool for weather related closure information, 281.498.9047
Regular Pool Hours:
Monday: CLOSED (for maintenance)
Tuesday – Saturday: 11:00 am to 8:00 pm
Sunday: 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Holiday Hours: 12:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Months of Operation:
May: Weekends beginning 3rd weekend; May 20, 2017
June & July: Weekday pool hours begin the first full week after FBISD schools dismiss for summer.
First weekday in 2017: June 6, 2017
August: Regular hours until school starts.
Last weekday in 2017: August 18, 2017
August & September: Weekends only (after school starts) through Labor Day.
Labor Day/Last Day: September 4, 2017
Labor Day Weekend is the last weekend the pool is open for the season.
See you next year!
Pool Access System
- Residents may purchase new seasonal wristbands ONLY at the pool during normal pool operating hours.
- Only adult residents of Meadows Place may purchase seasonal wrist bands; a registration card must be completed.
- A Driver’s License and/or Meadows Place water bill verifying Meadows Place residency must be shown to purchase wristbands.
- Wristbands are $5 per band, one wristband required for each family member. No refunds. There is a $5 replacement fee for lost wristbands.
- Residents must have wristbands with them to enter pool.
- A maximum of one (1) guest allowed per band; all guests must be accompanied by resident.
- Wristbands are valid for one Summer season only, May through September.
- Non-residents may purchase a day pass for $5, good only on the date of purchase.
- Pool Rules posted and on registration card MUST be followed at all times.
Parties at the Pool!!
Parties During Regular Pool Hours:
Have your party at the Pool this summer!!! Enjoy reserved tables, bring in your own food and drinks and feel safe knowing an award winning lifeguard staff are watching out for you and your guests! Schedule early for the best dates!
Call Parks & Recreation for more information. Reservation form
The swimming pool can be rented for private parties in the evening after the pool closes to the community from mid-May through August. Rental of the pool includes lifeguards but does NOT include use of the Community Center. Reservations for the pool must be accompanied by the rental fee in cash (there is no deposit required for pool rental). Contact the Parks & Recreation Department with questions. Maximum rental time is 3 hours. Pool Rental Fee: $350.00 (cash) (non-residents add $175.00). Reservation Form
Lifeguards are all certified by Ellis and Associates and complete rigorous training in water rescue, CPR and first aid before the season starts as well as throughout the summer. The picture shows one of the many practice drills performed by the lifeguards. On your next visit to the Pool, don’t be surprised if you find yourself in the middle of one of their drills; stay clear and watch as the best Lifeguard staff practice their skills!
Being a Lifeguard at Meadows Place prepares our youth for employment after graduation, gives them leadership experience and skills, and gives the younger kids in the neighborhood great role models & mentors. The award winning Meadows Place Lifeguard staff are recognized as the best throughout Fort Bend County. Having had over 40 years of lifeguards from Meadows Place, alumni include doctors, nurses, lawyers, business leaders, firefighters, police officers, teachers, military personnel, pro athletes and more; they have gone on to be leaders in their communities. Employment as a Meadows Place Lifeguard is a summer job that can change your life!
Apply to be a Lifeguard
The Parks & Recreation Department will be accepting applications for Summer 2017 Lifeguards in January & February 2017.
- Be at least 15 years old before March 1.
- Be available for ALL trainings (usually during Spring Break week)
- Be in good physical condition
- Swim 200 yards continuously (4 laps using crawl or breaststroke without resting)
- Tread water without using arms for 2 minutes
- Retrieve a 10-pound brick from the deepest point in the pool
Applications can be downloaded below or picked up at City Hall. To be considered for hire, complete application package must be received by February 15, 2017 at 4 pm at City Hall.
Swim Instructors & Lessons
Swim instruction is performed by the Lifeguard staff; most have many years of experience swimming competitively. All Swim Lessons are guarded by Meadows Place Lifeguards. Parents: Swim Lesson Information for Parents 2016
Where: Meadows Place Community Lap Pool
Who: Classes are for ages 5 and up. Students will be grouped according to age.
Time: 10:15 – 11 am OR 5:15 – 6:00 pm OR 6:15 – 7:00 pm Tuesday – Friday
(45 minute class – Total of 8 classes – Sessions last 2 weeks)
When: Session 1: June 13 – June 23, 2017
Session 2: July 5 – July 18, 2017
Session 3: July 25 – August 4, 2017
Cost: Residents: $60 per student/session
Non-Residents: $75 per student/session
There will be a maximum of 5 students per class. To participate in any City of Meadows Place program or class, pre-registration is required. Registration forms can be picked up at City Hall Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm or printed off the City website www.cityofmeadowsplace.org. Make checks payable to City of Meadows Place; with payment, mail or turn into the City payments box at City Hall.