City Council Positions Up for Election:
- Alderman IV Currently Being Held By Terry J. Henley
- Alderman V Currently Being Held By Kelle K. Mills
Each position is for a two (2) year term. In addition to the Council Workshops and Meetings held on the 4th Tuesday of each month, the City Council also meets for special workshops and meetings throughout the year.
Deadline to File An Application for Place on the Ballot
Start Date: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
End Date: Friday, February 27, 2015 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Candidate Eligibility General Requirements
A candidate must:
- be a United States Citizen;
- be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election;
- have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the city or in the district or ward, as applicable, for six months immediately preceding the deadline for filing an application for a place on the ballot (for a write-in-candidate, preceding the date of the election) [Election Code §141.001(s)].
- must be a registered voter and must have resided within the municipal limits for at least the 12 months preceding the election day.
Over the next several months, more information will be posted on the City’s website. Should you have any questions, please contact City Secretary Jan Moore at (281) 983-2931 or firstname.lastname@example.org.