Garage Sales are a great way of cleaning house while making a little extra money for your family. However, the City of Meadows Place Municipal Code has established a few specific regulations for garage sales to ensure that they do not pose any problems or inconveniences for your neighbors. Following are those regulations:
- When can I hold a garage sale at my home?
- The Meadows Place Municipal Code allows four garage sales per year in Meadows Place. Garage sales may be held on the second weekend of the second month of each quarter (February, May, August, and November). Signs advertising your garage sale should be picked up promptly upon completion of your sale. Sale items may not be displayed or sold in the public right-of-way, such as on a sidewalk, and no sales or displays of items may take place after sundown. No permit is required.
2018 Garage Sale Dates
February 9 & 10
May 11 & 12
August 10 & 11
November 9 & 10
- What kind of things can I sell?
- Just about anything around your house that you no longer have room or use for. Just remember that anything you sell must have been owned or used by you or someone in your household. Commercial merchandise may not be brought in and sold in addition to or in place of your own items.
- Can I post signs to advertise my garage sale?
- Sure. But keep in mind that the City’s Municipal Code allows signs no larger than 2 square feet in area. Other sign requirements are:
- Signs may be posted on other people’s property, but only with their written permission.
- Signs may not be posted in the public right-of-way or on public property. This includes telephone poles, power poles, street lights, street signs, city trees, or on sidewalks, in crosswalks or on curbs. Signs illegally posted will be removed by the City, and the persons responsible for posting them may be assessed the costs of the cleanup and removal.
- Signs must be removed at the conclusion of the sale or the persons responsible for posting them may be assessed the costs of the cleanup and removal.
If you have further questions about garage sales, please call City Hall at (281) 983-2950 between 9a.m. & 4 p.m. Monday through Friday or Contact Code Enforcement. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Good Selling.